Technology is always changing and growing. More people these days are using mobile media to search the internet to find products and services while outside of their home or office. With the evolution of smart phones and tablets for internet access, websites too have had to evolve for easier navigation on these media devices. They are Mobile Responsive Websites. If you have ever tried to look or navigate a website that isn’t mobile responsive on your smart phone, it is difficult and frustrating. With this said 90% of websites are not mobile responsive. This means that those that are, have a major leg up on the competition.
Recent studies through Google, and other Tech savvy companies have reached these conclusions:
- 56% of adults have smart phones
- 67% of users are more likely to buy from mobile friendly websites
- 48% of users feel frustrated and annoyed when they visit non mobile-friendly sites
- 52% of users who have bad mobile experiences are less likely to engage with the companies
- 61% of users are likely to leave quickly if your site is not optimized well for mobile devices
- 50% of people admit that they will use websites less if they aren’t mobile friendly even if they already like the company
- 90% of websites are not mobile responsive.
8 Reasons to upgrade to a mobile website:
- There are more than 90 million people on the mobile web. An audience too large to ignore.
- Smart phones are now outselling PC’s and MACs. You want to be accessible to everyone even non computer users.
- Mobile websites reach all audiences. Apps do not. Apps can be cool but they have drawbacks. You would have to make an app for each platform you target (iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc.) Apps have to be installed. People don’t want to install an app each time they visit a link on Google. People use mobile web more regularly than a mobile app.
- Smart phone traffic will boost your overall traffic. You can significantly increase your overall audience by being available where ever and whenever they want to access your site.
- Most websites mobile traffic grew by 50% to 100% in one year.
- Non mobile websites are harder to use on a mobile device. They are very small and there is a lot of zooming in or pinching to navigate the website. Mobile web browsing is about having good experience and easy access to information. If your potential mobile customers are not having a good experience or can’t access your information on their mobile device they will go to competitors that do have mobile friendly sites.
- More than 45 million people check e-mail daily via mobile phones. When they click on a link in an email that goes to your site, it would be visible, accessible and optimized.
- Having a mobile website helps your ranking in the major search engines.